sábado, 10 de septiembre de 2022

2. Why did I choose my major?

Hi, everyone, Im Pía again and today Im going to tell u the story about why did I choose my major.

Well, when I was a child, my dream job was to be a painter, a -famous- painter. But that perception changed over the years, for many reasons. However, I think one day I will (or hope to) be something close to it.

In my last year of school, I wanted to be a painting conservator, but (again) something didn't go the way I wanted. So, I questioned why, why I wanted to be so much a painting conservator. And one of the conclusions was that I wanted to be vinculated with antique objects.

So, I came across anthropology in one of my researches to choose a career that somehow connects with that thought. It was love at first sight, and now I love soooo much my career to be honest, with all of my soul and heart.

On the other hand, my experience in the university is awesome, I like so much the dinamic, I don't think is repetitive, and I love that.

That's what I wanted to share with you today, until next time!




One of the first Tehuelches who were kidnapped for the human zoos.
It was painted with acrylics on canvas for my briefcase of "Taller I: El quehacer del antropólogo"



4 comentarios:

  1. Hi Pía! your story is so cute ❤ It makes me happy to know that you had a love at first sight with anthropology, it is inspiring!
    PS: I hope one day I can boast that I know the famous painter Pía!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. you paint very beautifully, the painting of the photo was very good and I hope that someday you can enhance more and more this talent.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Pía!! My best friend work in the Laboratory of conservation and restauration in the "Museo de Bellas Artes" Do you want to come? let me know if you are interested in visit the laboratory and the "depositos" where the works are kept.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. My dear doppelganger!
    I loved your painting too much, I think it's interesting how one can start in something and start changing things along the way, probably if I had met you before I wouldn't believe you would study this.
    Xoxo.

    ResponderEliminar

Post 4: Changes to my study programme.

Hi, I'm Pía and today I'm going to talk about some changes that I would do to my study programme if I could. Well, at first, I wante...